To purchase a pass:
Through the app:
- This is the simplest way to purchase single rides and memberships! To start, download the Lyft app, available for both Android and iOS. Tap the bike icon (towards the bottom of the screen), then select the bike you’d like to rent and ride. Tap “Unlock Bike” and scan the QR code. The light will turn green and the bike will unlock.
At a Kiosk:
Only Access Passes are available at kiosks.
Tap “Rent a Bike” on the kiosk touch-screen
- Insert and withdraw your credit card
- Select the number of bikes you want – you can purchase passes for up to four bikes on a single credit card
- Review the final payment screen with the number of passes and bikes you’ll be purchasing, and select “Finalize” to complete your purchase
- Print your 5-digit ride code, which you'll use to unlock your bike(s)
- Pick out your bike(s) – skip any docks with a red light, these bikes need maintenance
- Type your ride code into the keypad on the dock next to your bike to unlock it
- Enjoy your ride!
While riding, keep in mind that the first 30 minutes of your ride are covered with this pass. Rides that go beyond those times are subject to additional fees.
End your ride by ensuring your bike is properly locked. Return your bike to any Bay Wheels station by pushing the bike firmly into the dock. Wait for the green light to ensure it’s locked.