Please wear a helmet when riding a bike. (And don’t worry — helmet hair is cool now.)
Tips and tricks
Be sure your helmet fits properly.
- Wear it level on your head and make sure the bottom of the pad inside the front of the helmet is one or two finger widths above eyebrows
- Make sure that it’s not loose; your helmet should fit snugly all around, with no spaces between the foam and your head.
- Tighten the chin strap so that no more than one or two fingers fit between your chin and the strap.
You can find more information about helmet safety and sizing from the CDC.
Helmet deals for Bay Wheels riders
Find a helmet that’s stylish, well-fitted, and safe with some of our favorite helmet partners.
- Members can use code “LyftRiderSpecial” for 10% off your entire purchase at bernhelmets.com.
- Members can get 20% off a Kali Protectives Loka helmet purchase using code “LyftRiderSpecial” when checking out online here. Discount expires 12/31/21.