There are a few ways to start riding!
From the app
- Already purchased a membership?
- Tap the “bikes” icon on the home screen of the Lyft app
- Find a nearby bike
- Tap unlock a bike and scan the QR code on the rear fender
- When the light turns green, the bike is unlocked. Remove it from the station, or if riding an ebike, remove and secure the cable lock into the pink holder
- Enjoy your ride!
At a kiosk
Only Classic bikes are available through the kiosk.
- Push the button on the kiosk to wake up the screen.
- Tap the rent a bike button on the kiosk screen. Insert your credit or debit card.
- You should receive a five-digit ride code.
- Type that code into the keypad on the dock next to an available bike.
- When the light turns green, the bike is unlocked – remove it from the dock by the handlebars, or lift the seat to release it.
- Your code will expire after you take your bike out.
If you want to ride again while your pass is active, just insert the same credit card into the kiosk to request a new ride code (remember — your last code expired!) Don't worry, when you’re re-entering your credit card, it’s only to validate your account. You won't be charged again.
With a Clipper card
See here for full instructions on linking your Bay Wheels membership with your Clipper card.
To unlock a bike, tap your Clipper card on the card reader located on the back of the rear wheel or to the card reader to the right of the bike you want to ride on the dock.
Note: Your Clipper card does not pay for your ride; it only unlocks a bike for use. Payment is deducted from the payment card you have attached on file with your account, no deductions are ever made from your Clipper balance to use Bay Wheels.