Connecting your Clipper card to your account
Clipper is the all-in-one transit card for the Bay Area that holds any combination of cash value and passes, and is your key to unlock Bay Wheels. Unlocking never deducts from you Clipper cash value, serving only as your access key. Link your Bay Wheels membership to your Clipper card and make the transition from transit to bike a breeze.
In Lyft app for Bay Wheels Member
Simply link your membership in the Lyft app, and your Clipper card can be used to unlock your bike just as before.
If you didn’t link your Clipper card to your Bay Wheels membership before, follow the instructions below for adding a Clipper card to your Lyft account.
In Lyft app without a Bay Wheels membership
- Open the Menu
- Tap View Profile
- Tap the Transit Card option under the Linked Accounts section
- Enter your Clipper card number
- Happy Riding!
In Bay Wheels app with a membership
- Go to baywheels.com
- Tap Manage Account Settings
- Scroll to the bottom and select Activate Clipper Card
- Happy Riding!
In Bay Wheels app without a membership
You are not able to connect your Clipper card within the Bay Wheels app unless you have a Bay Wheels membership
How it works
- Ebike - tap your Clipper card on the card reader located on the back of the rear wheel or to the card reader to the right of the bike you want to ride on the dock.
- Classic - tap your Clipper card to the card reader to the right of the bike you want to ride on the dock.
- Please Note: Your Clipper account and your membership are separate. Payment is deducted from the payment card you have attached on file with your account, no deductions are ever made from your Clipper balance to use Bay Wheels.
Need a Clipper card?
- Pick up a Clipper card in person from participating retailers – visit clippercard.com for a complete list of locations.
- Or Bay Wheels members can follow the link below to request a Clipper card by mail. Allow 7 to 10 days to receive your card. Once it arrives, log into your Bay Wheels account to activate your Clipper card as your membership key.
SIGN UP HERE
Need to deactivate or change your Clipper card?
- If your card is lost or stolen, you need to report this to us at Bay Wheels immediately to deactivate your card for bike share and prevent fraudulent use, and to Clipper to block your card and request a replacement (if your card is registered).
- Any overtime, service, damage or stolen bike fees incurred by your card before you have reported it as lost or stolen will be your responsibility.
- If your card was registered with Clipper, log into your online Clipper account or contact Clipper Customer Service at (877) 878-8883 to report your card lost or stolen and request a replacement card. If your card was not registered, you will need to purchase a new card. Visit clippercard.com to order one online or find in-person locations.
- When you get a new card, you must update your Clipper card information in your Bay Wheels membership online account or call us at (855) 480-2453 to link your new card serial number. This information is not transferred automatically to Bay Wheels.